Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So it begins ... Wines class

Well I feel like a total slacker. The posts have been few and far between, and I'm not about to fix that today. Tonight my brain needs to recover from the onslaught of information it received in Day 1 of Wines class. However, over the next three weeks I hope to type up all my notes and post them here - a crash course in oenology for blog readers and an excellent way to drill everything deeper into my head!

The weather has continued to be fantastic - mid-50's and sunny with many opportunities for hiking in the woods. My friends and I went to see Alice in Wonderland at the local theater this weekend, and rather than pay good money for popcorn, we brought a whole layer cake in with us. Mind you, this was a homemade flourless chocolate cake, filled with fresh strawberries and a marvelous concoction of heavy cream, sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla, whipped 'till fluffy. We constructed it in a Pyrex cake pan so it would be optimally transportable (and purse friendly). So while Alice and the Mad Hatter drank tea and threw scones, we stuffed our faces with cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment