Monday, January 11, 2010

Photos!

It was an astonishing six degrees as I walked to breakfast this morning at 5:50 AM. Very painful. But it's nice to be able to take a whole hour to eat breakfast, say 'hi' to my friends, and wake up.

We covered the "foaming method" in class today, a category that includes sponge cakes, ladyfingers, and meringues. I made a super-tasty chocolate sponge cake, which I topped with a blend of hazelnut butter, hazelnut praline paste, white chocolate, and paillette feuilletine (dehydrated crepe flakes, which have little taste but give what Chef K calls "the edible glass shards" effect in your mouth. I've always been intrigued by the idea of being able to chew glass). The whole thing was then spread with a thick layer of chocolate mousse enhanced with Frangelico.

After class I headed out with my camera to the FDR estate.

The house







The woods



The Ice Pond waterfall





Tower of the Icicles



A 207 year old grave



Ice bubbles



A fox footprint



Cattails by the beaver pond

No comments:

Post a Comment